District 9 is one of the thirteen districts of Panem, and its primary industry is grain production. It is mentioned that the district has many factories, most likely for processing the harvested grain.
The following jobs are offered in District 9:
- District 9 female (74th HG) - Died on the first day (Bloodbath).
- District 9 male (74th HG) - Died on the first day (Bloodbath). Fought with Katniss over a backpack until he was stabbed by Clove.
- District 9 female (75th HG) - Victor of unknown Hunger Games, died on first day (Bloodbath).
- District 9 male (75th HG) - Victor of unknown Hunger Games, died on the first day (Bloodbath).
- District 9 is the least spoken about district in the Hunger Games series.
- No named person from the district appears in either books or the films.
- District 9's industry is never specifically identified in the books- Katniss and Peeta encounter "fields of wheat" in one district on their Victory Tour, and since grain is such a significant part of Panem's food supply, it makes sense that an entire district would produce the crop, which would then be rationed throughout the country.
- During the bloodbath of the 74th Hunger Games, Katniss grabbed a loaf of bread just before getting into a struggle over a backpack with the boy from District 9 (perhaps a subtle indicator of the district's industry?)
- In the film Mockingjay: Part 1, Peeta mentioned a district that set granaries on fire. If he was referring to District 9, this may have been a method of rebellion by cutting food supplies.
- It's unknown, but unlikely, that the District 9 victors were part of the alliance to free Katniss from the arena of the 75th Hunger Games. as they weren't mentioned as one of the districts that took part.
- District 9 was the 5th - 10th district to pry from Capitol rule.
- District 9 is the only district where all tributes of the two most recent games have been killed in the bloodbath.
- According to the Capitol.PN, District 9 has 12 mills in operation with a population of 15,346, making it the eleventh largest district, in terms of population.
- According to the Capitol.PN, District 9 claims 70,532 in tesserae, making it the fourth most impoverished district.
- It is a very poor district, though slightly better than District 11.
- If the population is 15,346 and they claim 70,532 tesserae, it would equal to 4.593 tesserae per person, making it the 9th richest District.