District 7 is one of the thirteen districts of Panem. Large swathes of the region are apparently covered with trees - as District 7 provides lumber and paper to the Capitol - and the people are known to be good with axes. There is also a dam within or nearby the district.
- District 7 female (74th HG) - Died on the first day (bloodbath).
- District 7 male (74th HG) - Died on the first day (bloodbath).
- Johanna Mason - Competed in the 75th Hunger Games/Third Quarter Quell, and was the victor of the 71st Hunger Games. She was one of the 6 tributes to survive the Quell.
- Blight - Competed in the 75th Hunger Games, and was the victor of an earlier Games. He died on the second day due after running into a force field.
Everyday lifeNothing is mentioned about the typical lives of citizens from District 7. However, Katniss Everdeen notes Johanna Mason's skill with axes, and muses that she had probably been handling them since she was a toddler. If that's the case, it seems that citizens from District 7 begin working in their district's lumber industry at an early age.
The following jobs are offered in District 7:
- Load Puller
- Lead Climber
- Furniture Builder
- In Catching Fire, Johanna says that the tributes from District 7 have been dressed as trees for the past 40 years of Tribute Parades. However, in the film adaptation of The Hunger Games, the tributes are dressed in elaborate paper costumes resembling origami.
- District 7 was the 5th - 10th district to pry from Capitol rule.
- District 7 is possibly one of the larger districts, due to the space needed for trees.
- District 7's tributes have learned to throw axes at an early age, making some of the tributes well trained. They also seem to prefer axes as their weapon of choice. One of these examples is Johanna who used a throwing axe.
- According to The Hunger Games Adventures, District 7 is located directly northeast of District 4, on the northwestern coast of Panem.
- Aside from Career districts, (1, 2, and 4) District 7 has the biggest advantage in the games, as they not only have experience in the arenas brutal environment, but they also show exceptional skill in weapons such as an axe and other cutting tools.
- According to the Capitol.PN, District 7 has 115 mills in operation with a population of 26,354 people, making it the eight largest district, in terms of population.
- According to the Capitol.PN, District 7 claims 63,125 in tesserae, making it the sixth richest district.
- If the population is 26,354 and they claim 63,125 tesserae, it would equal to 2.395 tesserae per person, making it the 8th richest District.
- It's one of the locations which appear in the film series. Others are districts 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 11, 12 and 13. However, districts 1 and 4 appear briefly in The Hunger Games: Catching Fire on the TV when Haymitch is showing footage of the other victors being reaped for the games.